Sunday, July 22, 2012

13 Main Challenges for the Hard Core Online Crop are DONE! Whew! I managed to do them all!

Here is the last one, it is a scoring challenge. We were to score our cardstock with three different designs and also score an embellishment.

I wanted to make 3-d stars but didn't have a star punch or diecut on my cricut, so I punched a couple of burgandy 5 petal flowers. Then I scored them across the middle of each petal to the inner point between the petals straight across the flower, repeated for each petal, and then gently folded and tada! IT worked, they looked like stars BUT would not stay down in the folded form once I tried added a pop dot adhesive foam. I still like them.

I also traced a punched circle to score the inner circle of my scalloped circle punches. Scoring the rectangles was fun, even if I was just using a stylus and my paper trimmer track. This technique almost makes me want to run out and buy a scoring tool/board.

All my colored cardstock was from the Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Collection. Chipboard Title and accents are from Soft Spoken, MAMBI. Miscellaneous buttons and floss.





I've had a great week scrapbooking. Thank You Core'dinations and designers again for hosting this crop!

Now, looking at my table and the pile of cardstock scraps, perhaps I will go quickly try to make a couple more cards that would fit the extra quick timed challenges I missed on Saturday, just for fun! I have an hour or so left in the crop, even if they won't count for anything. Might as well now that I have this pile of scraps! :o)



1 comment:

  1. you did them ALL ??? Amazing - and great work too !

    ReplyDelete

Projects and Things To Do

  • Make time to Scrapbook and then DO IT
  • Decorate Marilee's Room with new Shelves
  • Repaint Shelves for Marilee's Room