Friday, July 20, 2012

Beach Babe part Two:

After taking care of errands this morning, I sat down to create another scrapbook page. I happen to have a lot of photos of Marilee's first beach/lake experience from last summer. I started those with my Beach Babe page and knew I would need a second page to add more photos of that day. So, I picked another Core Crop Challenge and picked up my left over scraps from the Core Cardstock Fancy Pants Refreshed collection and went to work. This challenge was about tags, using them and journaling on them. So here is page two of Beach Babe ...






I added a couple of big tags, upside down there and a smaller tag for some journaling points.

Scrapbooking with Marilee running around and wanting to help me has been ... well... fun! At two she is learning new words all the time and she comes to the photos and points and names herself and her cousins and also likes saying "pretty" so that makes me smile and happy to have her with me. This Tag Challenge had a second bonus challenge involved. We were encouraged to include our children with the creative process. So I used an extra tag I made, and an extra photo of little Marilee at the beach, and put Marilee to work with her own creation. She was water color painting the other day while I was trying to scrapbook, so we added a bit of her picture torn up as the background mat under her photo on the core cardstock tag. Here she is at work, and she LOVES butterflies, it's her "thing"!








Marilee also LOVES playing with Magnets, so I added a square of magnetic sheet onto the back and Marilee took her creation to the fridge!


Tickles me Pink to see her budding creative side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Projects and Things To Do

  • Make time to Scrapbook and then DO IT
  • Decorate Marilee's Room with new Shelves
  • Repaint Shelves for Marilee's Room